The current environmental activity and the demands of regulatory bodies require intense monitoring of the quantity and quality of ground and surface water. Given that, the water cycle processes are spatially and temporally distributed, there is a special emphasis on interpreting water chemistry data in a way that provides "information" about the original state of water resources, natural variations and the impact related the implementation of projects.
Hatarilabs offers the virtual course of Management and Data Interpretation of Water Chemistry for students and professionals of any country. Now you can train in Water Chemistry Data Management and Interpretation without any established schedule anywhere. To access the available material and receive support, you just have to make a payment. The course includes certification.
This theoretical-practical course has the following objectives:
- Provide tools for the representation of water chemistry data.
- Provide a theoretical basis on water quality variations associated with spatial and temporal aspects.
- Analysis and interpretation of the status of water quality in a study area.
The sessions consist of a theoretical introduction plus a practical part and interpretation. The exercises will be solved with the help of Python and GIS software.
- Statistical methods for the evaluation of water quality.
- Introduction to the standard SQL query language and its application for water chemistry.
- Development of chart of boxes for the temporary representation of variation in water quality components.
- Queries of SQL databases of georeferenced chemical parameters. Generation of thematic maps in filtered data.
- Statistical methods for the evaluation of water quality - continued.
- Analysis of statistical distributions of chemical components with Python.
- Larger ionic species and ionic balance. Representation of the chemical composition.
- Development of Piper's diagram and chemical analysis regarding the location of the samples in the quadrants of the diagram for a study area.
- Main geostatistical methods in the environment.
- Analysis of groundwater and surface water interaction in chemical variation in the dry season and wet season.
- Interconnection of water chemistry with other variables of the water cycle: climate, precipitation, relief and land use.
- Analysis of methods of interpolation of chemical parameters. Generation of thematic maps of isolines of chemical components.
- Development of a Stiff diagram with the data of a project, spatial representation and analysis of the tendencies of concentrations.
- Chemical composition of groundwater and surface water. Main processes that affect the chemistry of groundwater.
- Generation of hydrochemical sections. Analysis of trends with respect to distance to a body or watercourse. Evaluation of the main processes that affect the chemical composition.
- Spatial and temporal analysis of nutrient contamination with QGIS and Time Manager.
Marycarmen Martínez M.Sc.
Environmental Engineer - Sciences and Geosciences
Miss. Martinez is an Environmental Engineer from the Popular Autonomous University of the State of Puebla (UPAEP) - Mexico with post-graduate studies in Science in Geosciences from James Cook University - Australia. Ms. Martinez has great analytical capacity to identify impacts based on GIS focused on the environment. She has extensive experience in risk and environmental impact, developing maps and models. She has participated in sustainable projects for rural communities and projects for the conservation and sustainable use of water and soil.
Here are some details of each methodology:
- Manuals and files for the exercises will be delivered.
- The course will be developed by videos on private web platform.
- There is online support for questions regarding the exercises developed in the course.
- Digital certificate available at the end of the course.
- Video of the classes will be available for 2 months.
- To receive the digital certificate you must submit the exercises after 1 month.
Cost and payment
The cost of the course is $ 250 dollars
After payment with Paypal, fill out the following registration form including the information related to your payment. We will send you an e-mail to confirm your registration.
For any other information please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org