This video considers the construction of a regional groundwater model from scratch. Data entry will shapefiles and raster files.
The video will include the following tasks:
- Grid generation from shapefiles
- Aquifer and boundary condition conceptualization
- Hydrogeologic units parametrization by shapefile
- Import elevation from a AsterDEM
- Recharge determination from precipitation rasters
- Wetlands assessment form satellite images and model hydraulic heads
- Groundwater water balance analysis
- The agenda is interesting and applied for the study of groundwater at basin scale.
This video is from intermediate level, there are some requirements to the participants:
Have installed MODFLOW with MODEL MUSE. Here is a link with instructions:
Do the following tutorials:
And review the Model Muse videos from Richard Winston:
Download the required data from this link: